Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A wonderful book!

Also on Amazon!
This book by Shona Cole, "The Artistic Mother" would be a wonderful edition to any artist's library. Particularly if you have a family and/or lead a busy life.

I have not read the book itself yet but found Shona's blog by accident, surfing the net one rainy day, stumbled upon it and was attracted at first by the art work I saw and as I read further I became so interested in this artist and truly wondered how a mum with 4 children and homeschooled them could possibly find the time to also make art.
Then I realised she also wrote a book recently and was doing a give away of it.
So I jumped at the chance!
(If you would like to participate in this wonderful give away all you need to do is go to Shona's blog and leave a comment, link is above in her name.)

What a wonderful opportunity to spread the word and help a fellow artist, and you could win! ;)

Happy creating, Angie ox.

5 comments:

  1. My thoughts on the name for your mixed-media painting is COMPLEXITY because of the designs in the circles. I haven't done so well with the layering of mixed media and really like what you have done. I have watched some of Milliande's UTUBE, and really enjoyed them. I am off in another directions right now though but will probably go back that way again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing extra-hard for you to get the book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, thanks for the shout out on the book! I am so glad you stumbled by :)

    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie - Congrats - I will be sending you one of my art tags for the Spread the Joy exchange.
    If you would send me your address I will mail it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Angie - I didn't receive your address - here is my email:
    arlie707 at hotmail dot com
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...